CLOSET CLEANING ♡

by - February 17, 2018

Hello my loves! It's been a while, I know, but my schedule is so hectic that it's a miracle I actually found the time to even make this post. Between working two jobs, going to college and trying to stay healthy and maintain a social life, I unfortunately had to cut back on something I enjoy so much. Nonetheless, I do want to get back on track with my posts. 

Anyways, today I am here to discuss a very important issue, cleaning your closet. I am absolutely sure that each and everyone of you that is reading this post has at least some form of clutter in their closet. Whether it is clothes that you never wear, or old pieces that you need to throw out, or even things that you don't even remember having in there.


Cleaning your closet might sound like a dreadful thing to do but, believe me, you will feel so much better when you're done. It's like cleaning a space in you head and in your life. Plus, by getting rid of things you have no use for, you make room for new and better things to come.


You can rediscover clothes and accessories that you used to love and wear them again, you can throw away or have repaired some pieces that have holes etc. and, of course, you can donate a bunch to charity, or even to your friends. 


If you are also looking for ways to maintain a clean and organised closet, my tip has to be constant care. Meaning that you need to put every garment you wear back at it's place immediately and not let it sit for days on your bed or "the chair". Other than that, a great tip is also to place your hangers facing you (the curvy back of the hanger not facing you) and place them the other way when you wear them and put them back in the closet. This way, at the end of each season, you will be able to tell which clothes you haven't worn at all, since the curvy back of those hangers will still be facing the other way.


You can use shopping as a motivation to clean since, after cleaning your closet you will not only have tons of free space but you will also be fully aware of your possessions and you will be able to shop smarter for yourself.


On that topic, it is crucial to understand that it is better for you and for the environment to purchase clothes made of organic and recyclable materials. Instead of impulse buying, you can do some research and start purchasing ethically made clothes from now on. 

If you don't know where to start, you can check out this sustainable and organic clothing brand called Pact and scroll through their lovely selection of clothes with no toxic dyes or pesticides from a company that ensures the well being of their workers and their manufacturers. Pact is just one of many companies that are focusing to organic cotton


What are your thoughts on cleaning your closet and opting for sustainable, organic clothing? I sure know I am a fan! Let me know what you think in the comments below ♥

You May Also Like

0 σχόλια