FACE YOUR GYM FEARS ft. AAPTIV ♡

by - February 24, 2018


Hello darlings! How are you this lovely winter's day? I am currently enjoying a night in since my plans got cancelled but, truth be told, sometimes you need s little time to relax, do nothing and just be with yourself. Of course, being the workaholic I am, I decided to work on my blog 😋 But I am very pleased with everything I accomplished today so that's a win in my book!

Anyway, today I wanted to talk to you about this thing called "gymtimidation". It's been around for a while but I guess nowadays there is a name for everything. If you have never heard of it before, I am sure you have felt it. Basically, it is the feeling you get when you hit the gym after a while and everyone around you seems to be so fit, dedicated and proficient and all you can think about is your muffin top or how you can squeeze a delicious muffin in your daily routine. 😅 

I believe that social media has a lot to do with that fear too. It feels like everywhere you look you can see incredibly thin or fit people, working out daily and religiously sticking to their healthy routines. That can put so much pressure on you. 

The first thing you need to keep in mind is that every body is different (yes that gap was intentional). Some people can eat tons of food and not gain weight, some have the tendency to gain muscle easily and some strive for months in order to reach their body goal and still don't see the desired results. So you can work out twice a day, every day and still not look like those fitness bloggers on Instagram.

And that is perfectly fine. It is important to listen to your body and eat well and workout because it is good for you. Improving your appearance in only a plus. Give your body what it needs and don't push too hard. And if you want to look like those bodybuilders at the gym, keep in mind that they didn't always look like this, that they once were where you are and that they got where they are with hard work and dedication. 

Do what feels right for you and steer clear from the extremes. And don't let others' success bring you down. Turn that fear into inspiration and, instead of dreading to go to the gym, use those people as real life motivation. 


You can take a look at this chart to see that you are not alone and that, frankly, it is all in your head. Don't let anything get between you and your goals!

Have you guys ever experienced "gymtimidation"? You can share your experience with me in the comments below and don't forget to check out aaptiv.com! ♥

You May Also Like

0 σχόλια