PRAISE THE MIX-MASTERS

by - June 20, 2014


In my previous post about the Resort 2015 collections, we worshiped classic elegance and chic minimalism. Today, we're going to go a little crazy and avant-garde. 

The resort 2015 collection by Opening Ceremony, instantly caught my attention and inspired me. I love mixing different patterns, as you can see in my profile on Polyvore but, in my everyday life, I usually go for more safe combinations and basic pieces. The truth is that these looks would turn many heads on the street. But we want that, don't we? 

It's not always easy to take the pieces from the runway to the street, but you can get an idea on how to work your prints. The safest combination that you can try is stripes with florals, but don't be afraid to take it one step further and mix interesting prints and textures together. Of course, as you can see, you can still achieve a minimalistic or a more polished result. Chunky pieces, masculine and feminine silhouettes and lots of layers. Tones of blue, black and white and pearly, peachy rose. Certainly works for me!

Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Dare to wear something that you don't usually go for. Pair prints with prints. Chose and interesting cut!

But remember, what you need the most is confidence. Believe that you look sparkly and amazing in what you wear and everyone else will see it too!

ps. Is it ok that I'm in love with the background?

source: www.style.com

You May Also Like

2 σχόλια

  1. Your blog is amazing, Elena, and it is apparent how knowledgeable you are about fashion. I like the skirt looks in this collection. Your review of the collection is so detailed and insightful. I would love to stay in touch. I hope you have a great weekend.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind comment dear! it's so nice to see that there are people out there who get me! I'd love to stay in touch and I'll check out your blog.
      xx Elena

      Delete