WEDDING GUEST STYLE GUIDE ♡

by - August 01, 2017

Hello my loves! How is your summer going so far? Mine has been crazy. Extremely busy, full of unexpected events and some amazing experiences that I can't wait to share with you. If you care for a glimpse, you can go check out my Instagram account (@helena_tsk). I really do hope that August will be good to us all. ♥

Anyway, as you may know, wedding season is still very much on. I mean, what better time to celebrate your love for your s.o. than now that the sun is shinning so bright? Being only 20 years old, wedding isn't currently in my short term bucket list. Nonetheless, I can still offer you my style advice.

In my previous post, we discussed the do's and don'ts of wedding gift giving and today we're going to talk about your clothes. Aka I'm trying to make you the best and most stylish wedding guest ever 😂 First, let me give you some tips that will help you survive a summer wedding. 

Choose lightweight fabrics

In my book, being Greek and all, summer equals some serious amounts of heat. Hence, you need to be dressed accordingly. Pick something airy and flowy and, preferably, stay away from anything too tight. The last thing you need is everyone staring at your sweat stains. You want to breathe properly and be comfortable for the long evening that awaits you. 

Be careful with the patterns

It is well known that summer wakes our inner flower child. Yes, bohemian vibes may be your ish, but for a wedding, you may want to consider toning it down a little bit. You don't want to look like a hippie or overdo it with crazy patterns. If you want your outfit to be more summer appropriate, you could opt for a monochromatic look with a nice color (not too bright).
If you are into color-blocking, stick with the pastels. Baby blue and rose quartz look a lot classier than hot pink and vivid turquoise.



Consider your poor feet

Some women can walk on stilettos with swag all day and others can't make a single step without tripping. Maybe you can practice or maybe that's just how things are. But, when it comes to a wedding, you need to be very thoughtful about the shoes that you pick. 
First of all, keep in mind that many summer weddings take place outdoors. While I want to think of myself as very skilled when it comes to walking (and dancing) on heels, I can't even stand the thought of doing that on grass, sand or anything other than solid ground. So you may want to keep that in mind before choosing sky high heels.
Luckily, fashion has evolved enough for us not to be required to wear heels to look formal or stylish and you can find amazing flats for any occasion.

Other than my tips, I highly suggest you take the following style guide into consideration:


And if you don't own a suit appropriate for the occasion? Worry not. You can always check out the tuxedo & suit rentals that The Black Tux has to offer! (hint: Christian Grey would approve)

Anyway, these are just some guest style suggestions. At the end of the day, keep in mind that you need to stay true to your personal style an aesthetic and simply adjust it to fit each event. Just be you boo ;)

What are you planning on wearing to the next wedding you're invited to? Let me know in the comments below ♥

You May Also Like

0 σχόλια