Wednesday, December 14, 2016

GETTING PERSONAL...♡

Hello my darlings! Are you freezing your everything off where you live? Or is it just us here in Greece? I guess it's a small price to pay for the wonderful weather we have the rest of the year. That header, for example, showing me enjoying the awesome greek summer back in August. Btw, I obviously can swim, and I used to do it competitively, but I just love to relax in my floatie♥ Oh how I miss it!

Anyway, today, I wanted to take a tiny break from our fashion chats and talk about something a little more personal, and more real and important, if you will. 

I just wanted to say that I've been so stressed and in such a bad mental state lately and I'm trying so hard to get over it. I want you guys to know that I am here, if you ever need someone to talk to :) 

I know exactly how bad it can get and I know that sometimes it may feel like you're powerless. But you're not. You are the boss, you control yourself and it is your choice to not let anything and anyone affect you. You are the most important one and you are beautiful-inside & out-just the way you are. Don't let them convince you you are not worthy of something/someone or that you are just not enough. 

I think the most important thing I have to say, apart from advising you to believe in yourselves-if you can dream it you can do it!- is that you are in fact way stronger than you think. And way better than you're letting yourself admit. All those people you see, so confident and full of themselves, they've got nothing on you. They just know how to fake it. Or they are ignorant enough to believe that they are perfect. Nobody is or ever will be perfect. The sooner you realise that, the better.

Everyone is unique and we should learn to love ourselves first, before we seek love and approval from others. After all, their opinions couldn't matter less. If you think you can get better, by all means, go ahead and shine! But, stop beating yourself up and being so hard and mean on you.

If you feel like you are not enough, work harder. If you feel like you can't make it, just know that you can. This is coming from someone who had a panic attack, two days ago, and couldn't breath properly or function, or stop crying. And for something so unimportant. 

Talk to others, make them understand and, most importantly, talk to yourself (even out loud if you need to) and accept who you are. Accept your flaws and your imperfections, embrace your good qualities. And never, ever, let anyone bring you down. After all, at the end of the day, all you're left with is yourself. And you should be thankful you are so amazing!

Family, boys, friends, school, work...they are all important in their own way. But, most of them are also so ephemeral. They come and go so fast. And all you're left is the scars that you let happen. Cherish the good times, make great memories, create strong bonds and let go of anything toxic that is poisoning your thoughts. Life is too short to worry about them-or anything.

Take a deep breath, do more of what makes you happy and, relax, and love yourself ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Santa's Hat 2 Windows 7 Pointer