19TH ATHENS XCLUSIVE DESIGNERS WEEK

by - April 13, 2016

Hello everyone! How are you today? I'm happy and exhausted at the same time. Fashion week was so, so crazy. So many new people, new things, new experiences. I met designers, models, bloggers and photographers, I watched some great collections and I even participated backstage! Oh, and I took a ridiculous amount of selfies(if you follow me on facebook, I'm sorry XD). I had a blast and I can't wait for the next one but, for now, I just want to stay in bed and not wear makeup for a couple of days. 
College of course, has other things in mind.
Anyway, this year I watched almost every show, and I want to talk to you about the pieces that stood out to me the most. I think every designer deserves a round of applause just for all their efforts and for having the nerve to present something they created. If their collection doesn't fit to my personal taste, it obviously doesn't mean that I don't respect their work. 
I didn't want to show you any of the side stuff, like pop-up accessories stores, since some of them were the same as last season. Let's see now.
Topshop by Sotris was actually right up my alley. I really liked the grungy vibes and the mixture of prints. That edgy casual vibe is literally me and we all know I have a special place in my heart for denim and bombers. Pairing feminine slip dresses with rock elements, well, that's just trendy^* 
I think that allowing the bloggers to walk on the runway as well was such a lovely gesture♥ Good job Topshop.
Kathy Heyndels was, as always, pretty impressive. I didn't like every single piece, but I really enjoyed the nudes and the lace. 
And of course the cape. That cape!
Tassos Mitropoulos presented beautiful gowns. I really liked the lace detailing and the sheer fabric and I absolutely adored the bright pink and coral dress. 
I would buy it asap if I had to go to a red carpet event XD
Makis Tselios showed us, once again, a collection to remember. I was really impressed by the amazing quality and flowiness of all the clothes. Such an elegant and wonderful collection!
The third day was pretty hectic because I was backstage helping a designer. Such a great new thing guys. Tiring, but great. But, I missed so many of the other shows. From the photos though, I think I would have really enjoyed the show by Euphrosyne Vlassi, because of all-black theme. 
I also like this red silky skirt look by Penelope Demetriou.
Joy Koumentakou (Made by JK) wowed people, like last season, with her unique and colorful creations. She truly deserved the "Trendsetter Award" she won.
Notis Panagiotou 's show was inspired by Marlene Dietrich. So chic and lovely and elegant. To be honest, I didn't get how the men's pieces were going together with the rest, but I was willing to look past it because I really liked the vibe of the women's collection (and also the pretty boys XD). 
Celebrity Skin always does so much more than a plain fashion show(if anybody could ever call a fashion show "plain"). There is always a wow-factor. I really liked the bling and the edgy vibe.
All in all, this Fashion Week was amazing and want to thank everyone for the wonderful experience. See you all again in October♥

You May Also Like

0 σχόλια