Monday, July 21, 2014

TRAVELWEAR

TFIOS ♥
TFIOS ♥ by ell0oukaa featuring a white tank top
Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while. I feel so bad, not only because I want to update my blog with new stuff for you as often as possible, but also because it makes me happy to blog about the things I like. But, as I've told you before, I'm going through a very difficult period and I have no time left. In addition to that, the Wi-Fi stops working every five minutes so I can't do anything. I can't do some research, find new stuff, post on the blog, watch videos... It's down as we speak.
Simply amazing♥
But let's get to the point now. I know that a lot of you are about to go on vacation. We've talked before about the things you need to pack, but there is another big question that needs to be answered. What to wear when you travel. The truth is that there is no right answer to that. But if I had to choose, I'd say, something comfortable. This doesn't necessarily mean sweatpants and pajama-like style. If you are like Victoria Beckham, it means stilettos, if you are like most people it means flats, and if you are like me, it means jeans. But it also depends on the destination and, of course, on the way you are choosing to get there. 
Now I realise...
Let's start with the plane. Even if where you're about to go is tropical and extremely hot, the odds are that you're about to get cold on the plane. It's the air conditioning. But, no worries. The key is to dress smart. Choose your outfit, whether it's polished or casual and keep it warm with long pants. I always go for pants over skirt, but that's just me. Pair your tank top, t-shirt or sleeveless blouse (or dress) with a slouchy cardigan, a light-wear hoodie, an over-sized shirt, even a blazer. Here I added a leather jacket, but this seems a little too much. But again, it depends. 
Where did the flowers go?
If you insist on wearing heels, then opt for a lower or thicker heel. My ideal case would be ankle booties. This way, your outfit will still look more put together but also effortless and completely stylish.
Now you're just somebody that I used to know!
If you travel by boat or by car/bus somewhere warm, then you can go for shorts or skirts, if that's your thing. My only hesitation is that you don't know where you'll be sitting and what has touched this seat. So maybe you don't want your bare legs touching that. Just saying.
Even if it’s warm, it’s always a good idea to bring some extra cover-up, just in case. If you’re travelling by boat, at night to an island, then you shouldn’t even consider not taking something to keep your arms from chills.
I never part with my beloved converse when I travel. Sneakers, loafers, ankle boots and espadrilles are definitely a better choice than flip-flops for numerous reasons that I’m not going to state now.
\All over^*
Add a bag big enough to fit all your necessities in it, passport, book, phone, headphones, gum, sanitizer, wipes etc. and you are good to go. I like to use a backpack or a tote that I can throw over my shoulder to keep my hands free. But again, these are comfort issues and are completely up to you.
Spend more time worrying about your ticket and passport than worrying about your clothes. Dress smart and comfy and enjoy travelling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Santa's Hat 2 Windows 7 Pointer