Hey guys! How are you? I'm struggling here and I will continue to, until the middle of July. This is probably going to be the most tiring summer ever, but I keep trying to convince myself that it won't.
Enough with the nagging. This is a post that I'm sure you didn't expect here. I was thinking for a long time to start a category about fitness since I'm really interested in that, so I made this post to see how you guys react to it.
I'm really into working out and being healthy. I've been an athlete my entire life and I stopped this year because I couldn't fit volleyball practice in my schedule:( But muscles are still there, and whenever I find the time I love to go running or just do some exercises to get that blood flowing.
But as a person, and a girl with high caloric/energy needs, I indulge. Desserts are my weakness, sugar in particular, but it's not good for you, especially if it's highly processed. I don't just mean your weight. Of course we all want to have a nice body externally, but my primary concern is to keep my body healthy. Do you know how bad sugar is for your body? And fats and protein that come from packaged food?
People have been going nuts about these new innovations where two (sometimes completely)different foods are combined into one. Food Hybrids they are called and they are the new it-thing since last year. And since I'm always talking to you about the trends, this is the best way to start a new category. Let's get this clear, I don't mean like an orange an a lime, which also exists, but, let's say, a croissant and a donut(cronut). I'm being obvious here^* I did my research and I found some pretty disgusting ones, and some that look delicious. But guys, really, don't eat these. I mean not in a daily basis. Giving in to your cravings once in a while can't do much harm. But having your rich in fat craving every day for breakfast, not so smart.
So, here are some that I think might taste good. Foods that I like separately and look interesting together. Thank god I'm currently eating super healthy!
1. Cronut. (croissant+donut) What started this madness in the first place. approx. 510-590 calories/cronut
2. Red velvet pancakes. Maybe the color is worth it-not. approx. 200 calories/pancake
3. Cupcake cones. (cone+cupcake dough+frosting). Ice cream instead of frosting would be interesting. approx. 220 calories/cone
4. Donut Macarons. Basically macarons that look like donuts. approx. 100≤ calories/macaron
5. S'moreo. (oreo+marshmallow[+chocolate/caramel]+oreo) S'mores but with oreos instead of biscuits. approx. 125 calories/s'moreo
6. Brookie. (brownie+cookie) Isn't brownie partly cookie already? approx. 160 calories/brookie
7. Duffins. (donuts+muffins) Donuts here, donuts there, donuts everywhere! approx. 406 calories/duffin
8. Brouffle. (brownie+truffle) Hey brownie, it's you again! approx. 130-243 calories/brouffle
9. French toast bagel. Because regular thin sliced bread fried wasn't unhealthy enough :P approx. 340 calories
10. Wonut. (waffle+donut) Donut fever. -couldn't count the calories but it's a lot.
There are so many more that I could add here and of course let's not forget the non-sweet ones. I saw some pasta burger out there. I think that it's fun to try these things, especially because of their names, but the [- + - = +] doesn't apply here. Two foods that are initially bad for you, together are still bad:( Unfortunately. If only we could keep the taste and toss the fat and the calories.
Indulging is in our nature and part of a balanced nutrition is having a bit of everything. These just happen to be the part of "everything" that you only need to have a tiny bite from.